Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs to Host 2015 Economic Summit on January 15th, 2015
Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs to Host 2015 Economic Summit
Local Officials and Experts Join on Jan. 15; Event Open to Public
Orange County, FL – Mayor Teresa Jacobs will host the 2015 Orange County Economic Summit to discuss the expanding economy, international trade, business-related programs and the region’s new branding campaign. The event will be held at the Orange County Convention Center on Jan. 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. The event is free and open to the public, although seating is limited. For registration and directions, visit the Orange County Government’s website page.
WHAT: Mayor Jacobs will be joined by elected officials, local experts and distinguished panelists including:
· Sean Snaith, Ph.D., Director of the University of Central Florida Institute for Economic Competitiveness
· Rick Weddle, CEO of Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission (EDC)
· Jerry Ross, Executive Director of the National Entrepreneur Center
· Manny Mencia, Senior Vice President of International Trade & Business Development for Enterprise Florida
· Jim Bacchus, Chair of the Global Commission on Trade and Investment Policy
· Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Disney Vacation Club & Adventures by Disney
o Sean Snaith, Ph.D., will present his annual economic update. Snaith is the director of the University of Central Florida’s Institute for Economic Competitiveness and a nationally recognized economist in the field of business and economic forecasting.
o The EDC will discuss new branding campaign (Orlando. You don’t know the half of it), which is the culmination of a branding summit held by Mayor Jacobs in 2012 and subsequent efforts of the Regional Branding committee. The initiative highlights the many corporate assets Central Florida has to offer.
o Other experts and leaders will share their insights as well as information about resources available in Orange County and an update on the region’s international trade efforts.
WHERE: Orange County Convention Center, South Concourse, Room 320.
WHEN: Thursday, January 15, 2015, from 8:30 to 11 a.m.
BACKGROUND: The Mayor’s annual Economic Summit was launched in 2013 following a series of nine economic and job summits designed to examine the area’s varied needs. Those meetings, which were held in 2011 and 2012, focused on key geographic regions and industries such as life sciences, clean technology and international trade.
Last edited by scottb411; January 7th, 2015 at 10:54 AM.