- Lloyd Price, early R&B star and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, dies at 88 May 8, 2021Lloyd Price died Monday at a long-term care facility in New Rochelle, New York, of complications from diabetes, his wife, Jacqueline Price, told The Associated Press on Saturday.
- ‘Little Shop’ lights up Lake Eola but lacks darker depths | Review May 8, 2021“Little Shop of Horrors” is a complicated beast to bring to the stage. On the surface it’s a bit of campy fluff — a parody of a bad 1960s sci-fi movie with groovy doo-wop tunes. But the musical also is a very dark look at greed, ambition, betrayal and the lies we tell ourselves to justify our actions.
- Broadway stars headline Disney Princess concert at Dr. Phillips Center May 7, 2021Jasmine, Cinderella, Tiana and Belle are coming to the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts this fall. Not in person, mind you, but the music of the Disney princesses will take center stage, appropriately enough, in the arts center’s Walt Disney Theater.
- Orlando Shakes plans homecoming for 2021-22 season May 7, 2021Orlando Shakes will move its productions back into the Lowndes Shakespeare Center for its 2021-22 season, an action it’s billing as “a momentous homecoming.”
- Theme-parks notebook: Farewell, temperature screenings May 7, 2021Theme park visitors say goodbye to temperature screenings, a pandemic precaution added that's now being subtracted.
- Family of Chris Cornell settles with doctor over his death May 7, 2021The Cornell family alleged in the lawsuit filed in 2018 in Los Angeles Superior Court that medication, especially the anti-anxiety drug lorazepam, prescribed by Dr. Robert Koblin led to erratic behavior from the Soundgarden front man before his death in Detroit in 2017 at age 52.
- Disney’s Halloween offering for 2021: Boo Bash May 7, 2021For Halloween 2021, Walt Disney Disney offers Boo Bash, not Not-So-Scary at Magic Kingdom, starting Aug. 10
- 7 movies to watch on Mother’s Day May 7, 2021Here are few movies to watch on Mother's Day.
- What moms really want for Mother’s Day (Hint: It’s complicated) May 7, 2021Marni Jameson shares Mother's day gift ideas.
- 10 movies for Mother’s Day: My mom says you should spend it with Gene Kelly. My wife votes ‘One Day at a Time.’ May 7, 2021Tribune film critic Michael Phillips rounds up 10 great movies for Mother's Day, with picks from his own mom, his mother-in-law and his wife, Heidi Stevens.
- Florida Fresh Air: Dickson Azalea Park offers a serene urban oasis May 7, 2021Set on 3.6 acres near Orlando's Thornton Park neighborhood, Dickson Azalea presents a relaxing urban oasis for Central Floridians to unwind without traveling far.
- Corks & Forks foodie event will benefit historic Venue on Lake Lily May 7, 2021Central Floridians are invited to enjoy an evening of fine food, wine, spirits, beer and entertainment at Corks & Forks, an event to benefit the Venue on Lake Lily in Maitland.
- Justin Bieber returns to Orlando next year on rescheduled world tour May 6, 2021Justin Bieber has announced rescheduled dates for his "Justice World Tour" including a stop in Orlando, now planned for April 2022.
- CineYouth Festival: New Chicago filmmakers featured in worldwide showcase May 6, 2021CineYouth, an annual program of Cinema/Chicago running through May 13, showcases up-and-coming filmmakers from around the world.
- A missing arts link: Structured theater programs for middle school students | Commentary May 6, 2021A retired middle school educator says there is a missing link in theater arts programs between elementary and high school that needs to be filled.
- Here’s to Mom: Mother’s Day libations for the lady of the house May 5, 2021She did your laundry, packed your lunchbox, kissed your boo-boos and banished the monsters beneath your bed. For this and countless other reasons, she deserves a drink for Mother's Day.
Connect With Us