- Leesburg Bikefest canceled again over coronavirus September 18, 2020the Leesburg Bike Fest, rescheduled after being canceled in spring, won’t happen in November, another victim to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Blue Swan Boulders, Orlando’s new bouldering gym, opens its doors downtown September 18, 2020Blue Swan Boulders, Orlando's new bouldering gym, has opened its doors downtown. The space provides 7,000 square feet of bouldering wall for climbers, plus a coffee bar and exercise equipment.
- #OSNow PODCAST: Central Florida transportation priorities, new bouldering gym, and Rosh Hashanah honey cake (Ep. 503) September 18, 2020Daily Orlando Sentinel Now podcast: Central Florida transportation priorities, new bouldering gym, and Rosh Hashanah honey cake.
- Gaylord Palms juggles ghost stories and giggles for resort’s Halloween activities September 18, 2020Gaylord Palms' Halloween 2020 offerings include ghost stories, a square pumpkin and a SpookEasy bar in 2020.
- ‘Forrest Gump’ author Winston Groom dead at 77 September 18, 2020‘Forrest Gump’ author Winston Groom dead at 77
- Disney Plus review: ‘Great Mouse Detective’ clues us in on problem-solving, Sherlock September 18, 2020Disney's “Great Mouse Detective” mixes literature, science and scifi in a late 1800s setting. The 1986 film is a take-off on Sherlock Holmes and powers of deduction.
- Where to find free and discounted deals in honor of National Cheeseburger Day September 18, 2020Take advantage of these deals in honor of National Cheeseburger Day on Sept. 18.
- Orlando’s melting statue shines light on Florida’s rising heat September 18, 2020Ever felt like you were melting in the Florida heat? That’s exactly what will happen to a new piece of art in downtown Orlando as it slowly degrades over a period of several days to reveal an eco-friendly message hidden in its interior.
- Sanford mom revisits Chipotle for photo shoot with newborn September 18, 2020A Central Florida mom recently took her maternity photos at a local Chipotle and has since returned to take pictures there with her newborn son.
- 9 very Orlando proposals and gender reveals September 18, 2020Here are nine unique places to pop the question or reveal your baby's gender in Central Florida.
- Rum, don’t walk, for a classic island libation: punch September 18, 2020National Rum Punch Day is a no-brainer for celebration this time of year, with fruity, heat-busting freshness and the gentle wallop of the Caribbean's favorite sugar-borne spirit.
- Disney: One water park will reopen in March; passholder refunds on way September 17, 2020Walt Disney World is planning to reopen one of its closed water parks next spring, according to the resort’s website. Both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon have been closed since mid-March.
- #MeToo: A timeline of events September 17, 2020From Harvey Weinstein and beyond, a chronological list of moments related to the #MeToo movement.
- Light Up UCF holiday event canceled for 2020 September 17, 2020Light Up UCF, an annual holiday tradition in Central Florida, will not occur in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Orlando haunted house roundup: Here’s what’s open this Halloween September 17, 2020While this Halloween won't quite resemble the holiday of years past, some attractions are finding innovative ways to open as drive-thru haunts or implementing reduced capacity and social distancing to keep visitors safe.
- Chinese viewers pan Disney’s new ‘Mulan’ as inauthentic September 17, 2020Chinese viewers pan Disney’s new ‘Mulan’ as inauthentic
- Dr. Phillips Center honors John Lewis, Central Florida students in 2 online events September 17, 2020The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, which this week premiered a recorded version of its annual Applause Awards, is also helping present a film honoring the late civil-rights activist and congressman John Lewis.
- ‘The Nest’ review: a marriage story from the Greed Is Good era, fiercely acted by Carrie Coon and Jude Law September 17, 2020A slow-burning tale of 1980s avarice, as seen through a strained transatlantic couple played, beautifully, by Carrie Coon and Jude Law
- Carrie Underwood, Thomas Rhett tie for top prize at ACM awards, Taylor Swift performs September 17, 2020ACM Awards
- Some like it not. A Rosh Hashanah honey cake for the less enthusiastic September 17, 2020Honey cake is a tradition at Rosh Hashanah, a sweet treat to celebrate the new year. But what if you don't like it? Try this autumnal twist on a Jewish holiday favorite.
- Every day is fry day at Pastelitos Chips in Kissimmee September 17, 2020In her tiny Kissimmee shop, med student turned maker Maria Jose Navarette is pressing out Venezuelan favorites for customers who come from as far as Naples to stock their freezers with a taste of home.
- SeaWorld drive-in to have Halloween movies — funny and frightening ones — in lineup September 16, 2020SeaWorld expands its drive-in movies concept to Halloween fare. There will be a family-friendly film early, followed by a more fear-inducing one as a nightcap.
- First look: Disney dresses up Magic Kingdom for Halloween September 16, 2020The Halloween season feels different yet familiar at Walt Disney World this year. The resort canceled Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party events at Magic Kingdom in response to the coronavirus pandemic. But the theme park has incorporated glimpses of past years into its daytime celebrations and thrown in new (if brief) experiences.
- Theatre UCF series amplifies America’s diverse voices September 15, 2020Ana Martinez Medina, who immigrated to the United States from Mexico as a child, still remembers the first time she dreamed in English — a sign of assimilation, a part of the immigrant experience and an example of how a person profoundly changes in a new country.
- SeaWorld adds maze, keeps trick-or-treating for 2020 Halloween Spooktacular September 14, 2020SeaWorld Orlando's upcoming Halloween Spooktacular event to include new maze, tweaked trick-or-treating.
- Disney breaking out Dapper Dans singers for Halloween at Magic Kingdom September 10, 2020The Dapper Dans a cappela quartet will return to Magic Kingdom as the Cadaver Dans for Halloween festivities, Disney says.
Connect With Us
Calendar and Events
Orlando Visitor Guides
Orlando Things To Do
Family and Recreation
Restaurants and Bars
News and Topics
- Hurricane season has gone Greek as Tropical Storm Wilfred, Subtropical Storm Alpha form while Hurricane Teddy still Category 4
- After warm, stormy weekend, temperatures cool slightly next week
- Florida unemployment falls to 7.4%, dropping into single digits for the first time since March
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is laying off 1,100 employees
- Coronavirus death toll in Central Florida nears 2,000 as global infections pass 30 million