The inaugural Orlando Extreme Watersports Fest will take place on the shores of Lake Ivanhoe at Gaston Edwin Park on Saturday, October 19th, 2013 from 12 pm until 10 pm.
Orlando Extreme Watersports Fest
Waterski and Wakeboard professional athletes will compete for a $40,000 purse in which the contestants will compete in slalom and jump competitions that will continue into the night with spectacular lighted jumps and courses.
Some of the professional athletes participating include:
- Bob Soven (Wakeboard) – 2013 Red Bull Wake Open champion and star of MTV’s WakeBrothers, with his brother, Phil Soven
- Shaun Murray (Wakeboard) – Four-time world champion and featured in the video game, Wakeboarding Unleashed Featuring Shaun Murray (see video below)
- Zack Worden (Waterski Jumper) – Rated #2 Jumper in the World
- Mike Dowdy (Wakeboard) – 2013 U.S. Masters Winner (see video below)
- Jon Travers (Slalom Waterski) – 2011 U.S. Masters Winner
Orlando Extreme Watersports Fest Schedule
- 12 pm – 12:30 pm: Boat Show by Nautique Boats
- 12:30 pm –2 pm: Slalom Semifinals
- 2 pm -2:30 pm: Water Jet Pack, Wakeskate, Wakesurf, and Barefoot Ski Demonstrations
- 2:30 pm -4 pm: Wakeboard Semifinals
- 4 pm -4:30 pm: Water Jet Pack, Wakeskate, Wakesurf, and Barefoot Ski Demonstrations
- 4:30 pm – 6 pm: Waterski Jump Semifinals
- 6 pm – 7 pm: Slalom Head-to-Head Finals
- 7 pm: Light Up the Lake and the National Anthem
- 7:30 pm- 8:30 pm: Wakeboard Finals on the Lighted Course
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm: Jump Finals on the Lighted Course
- 9:30 pm – 10 pm: Award Ceremony and Check Presentations
- $10 per adult / $5 per child age 4-12 Advance Online Ticket Purchase
- $15 per adult / $8 per child age 4-12 At the Door
- Children under age three are FREE
Click here to visit the official website for more information and to purchase tickets.
If you like the Orlando Extreme Watersports Fest, check out Nautique Wake Games in Orlando in the Spring.
Extreme Watersports Fest Participant Shaun Murray
Snap! – Motion to Light Wakeboarding with Mike Dowdy
Lake Ivanhoe Map